Our little sister was round at our house last week and jerk chicken is pretty much the only thing she’ll let me cook her.
We hadn’t had it for a good while and it reminded me of just how much we love it, and how cost effective it is when you make a batch to either cook and have for dinner and lunch the following day, or just to marinade and stick in the freezer ready for next time.
As you will see from the ingredients below, I make up quite a lot in one batch, if that is too much for you then use less chicken, although I recommend you keep the marinade ingredients the same.
It is packed with flavour so if you are in a rush you can marinade and cook straight away, but for the very best results marinade it for at least four hours, or even overnight.
How to make DJT’s jerk chicken
- 2 850g packs of chicken thighs (or a full chicken if you prefer)
- 2 onions grated
- 3 tbsp of Jerk seasoning
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- A pinch of salt
- Grate or blend the onions until it forms a pulp
- Add the jerk seasoning, garlic powder, ground black pepper, paprika and salt
- Mix together and marinade the chicken making sure you get under the skin too
- Cook on 200c for 45 mins (180c for fan ovens)
It really is as easy as that, perfect for a quick evening meal.
I usually serve with salad and rice, but on this occasion there was stuff that needed using in the fridge so I went with mange tout and baby salad potatoes – not a very West Indian I know!
Slimming Worlders, I used Sainsburys jerk seasoning which is free, so check your app if you’ve picked it up from somewhere else or speak to your group consultant.
Oh, and remove the skin!
Like chicken? Why not try my Mediterranean chicken recipe too?
Pin it for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why The Early Bird Catches The Worm When It Comes To Investing - April 19, 2017
- Smoked Haddock Loins In a Mustard and Yoghurt Sauce: Slimming World Friendly - April 11, 2017
- Why You Should Be Meal Planning - April 11, 2017