Mediterranean sausage casserole was not what I was expecting to be cooking last night, but I had spied a reduced packet of pork sausages in Sainsburys and fancied a bit of a change.
Plus, I had a guest round at mine who I’m always banging onto about cooking tasty meals for next to naff all, so this presented the perfect opportunity to make something up as you go along, whilst pretending for dear life that you’ve done it a million times before.
It turned out to be one of my favourite things I’ve made in a long time, which is fairly impressive considering I previously didn’t like sausage casserole at all – maybe it was just my old housemates cooking?
This is how I made Mediterranean sausage casserole, it took about 35 minutes using the Pressure King Pro in total and if I’d have added more sausages there was more than enough sauce to have fed four – I froze the rest of mine for a CBA day.
There’s a how to video at the bottom of this post!
Ingredients to make Mediterranean sausage casserole
- Up to 12 sausages (low fat if you’re a member of Slimming World!)
- Half a box of button mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 2 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 10 pickled onions
- 1 Tin of tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper
How to make Mediterranean sausage casserole
- Chop all the veg
- Brown the sausages
- Add chicken stock and chopped tomatoes to Pressure King Pro
- Add all the chopped veg
- Add the pickled onions
- Add the nixed herbs and season with plenty of salt and pepper
- Add the sausages and mix well
- Set the Pressure King Pro to stew mode and cook for 25 minutes
- Serve with sweet potato mash
Mediterranean done and dusted.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Pressure King Pro is a bit of an outlay at first, but the amount of meals you can make in it in no time at all makes it totally worth it.
I honestly couldn’t believe how much I enjoyed this one and the extra sauce I had left will come in very handy for a CBA day when PK is at work.
As the sausages were reduced, the whole thing came in at less than £1.50 per person.
Pin for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Will You Take Part In The Reverse Advent Calendar? - October 20, 2017
- 9 Scary Movies You Must Watch For Halloween - October 18, 2017
- How To Save Money Buying Contact Lenses Online - October 16, 2017