I made my long awaited return to Slimming World last night after an nine week hiatus and the results were around about what I was expecting – 16lbs back on!
So, with PK working nights last night I didn’t want to make a full on meal that I could be tempted to go back to for seconds and thirds and found a few loose things in the fridge that needed using up.
I decided on some breakfast egg muffins and for the record, all of these items were so called past their best before date (apart from the eggs), which was absolute rubbish, they were as fresh as the day they were bought so always check before you bin good food!
This is a recipe you could easily mix up yourself and change the ingredients around to fit what you have in the fridge at the time.
I should also say that I used the Smart Price eggs I found in the fridge that PK had bought and they were tiny, so adjust accordingly if you are using better quality eggs.
How to make Breakfast Egg Muffins
Ingredients (made 12, serves 4)
- 8 eggs (they were tiny so adjust accordingly)
- 6 bacon medallions (you could easily swap that for ham to cut costs)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- Half a packet of spinach
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and also the tomatoes, pepper, onion and spinach
- Using Fry Light, fry the bacon until cooked and the pepper and onion until soft
- Whisk / beat the eggs and season with the oregano, salt and pepper
- Using a cupcake tin, layer in the spinach, followed by the fried peppers and onion, the bacon, and then the cherry tomatoes.
- Once you have all the ingredients layered into the tin, pour over the whisked egg until each section is about 3/4 full
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 200c for 20 minutes
- Leave them to stand for 3-5 minutes once out of the oven then serve!
This is what they came out like and you can find the printable recipe below!
I made these with breakfast in mind but they were just as good for dinner last night when I got in late.
All totally free on Slimming World and great for your SP days if you are following the plan.
Hoe you enjoy!
Have you joined the Thinking Thrifty Foodie Club on Facebook yet? Come on over, we’d love to have you just click HERE!
Pin for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why The Early Bird Catches The Worm When It Comes To Investing - April 19, 2017
- Smoked Haddock Loins In a Mustard and Yoghurt Sauce: Slimming World Friendly - April 11, 2017
- Why You Should Be Meal Planning - April 11, 2017