I’ve not been very well this last week and it’s left me feeling a little bit “meh” over meat, so I’ve been forced to find some other options and vegetarian fritters seemed like a good place to start.
For the first few days of feeling ill I fell into the trap of living off tins of soup and tuna, but let’s face it, you can’t survive on that forever!
I came across vegetarian fritters in a Facebook foodie group I’m in and after watching a quick video realised you could literally put anything in them!
I’m a lover of spicy food, and this recipe comfortably made 10 Mexican style vegetarian fritters, and I won’t lie, they were delicious!
I served it with some Mexican spicy rice and sour cream – for the record totally cheated with a microwave pack from Sainsburys!
How to make Mexican style vegetarian fritters
- Half a cup of eggs
- Half a cup of plain flour
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1 pepper finely chopped
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 3 heaped tsps of chilli flakes
- vegetable oil
- Add the eggs and flour to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until you have formed a batter ( if your mixture remains too thick after whisking you can add another egg)
- Add the pepper, spring onions, sweetcorn, 3 heaped tsps of chilli flakes and mix through the batter mix
- Heat a large frying pan with vegetable oil (not too deep) and add separate spoon fulls of the mixture
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer to some kitchen towel to absorb any grease
Equipment I used
I’m a firm believer that you get what you pay for where kitchen equipment is concerned. Cheap things tend to break easily and need replacing more frequently – its a waste of time.
As always, there is a printable version of this recipe at the bottom of this post, enjoy.
Come and join my Thinking Thrifty Foodie Group on Facebook here!!
Pin for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Slimming World friendly turkey meatballs in a cheesy Philadelphia sauce - February 18, 2018
- Syn free, Slimming World friendly Chicken Rogan Josh - February 18, 2018
- Syn free, Slimming World friendly, super speedy omelette - February 18, 2018