I love meatballs, but the shameless price of 5% fat beef mince has left me susceptible to hives, anxiety attacks and sudden fits of rage.
On the bright side 5% fat pork mince remains as faithful to my pocket as ever. Make it into meatballs and serve it with this easy as fudge ragu and you’ve got a cheap as chips meal which is Slimming World friendly and completely syn free.
Ingredients for Slimming World Friendly pork meatballs
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g Passata
- 4 tsp olive oil (any oil will do)
- 2 level tsp dried oregano
- 500g 5% fat Pork Mince
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Parmesan (optional but you would need to syn this if on Slimming World)
- 200g Spaghetti
How to make Slimming World Friendly pork meatballs
- Cook the onion in 2 tsp olive oil until soft. Throw in garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Remove a quarter of the mixture and put it to one side.
- Add the passata, 1 level tsp oregano and sugar to the pan. Season well and bring to the boil. Partially cover and simmer for no more than 10 minutes.
- Put the remaining onion mixture in a bowl with a the pork mince, egg yolk, and breadcrumbs. Add 1 level tsp dried oregano. Season, then mix and shape into meatballs. I would get at least 12 out of that.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan and fry the meatballs until brown. Add the Slimming World friendly pork meatballs to the sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Serve with the meatballs, sprinkle with Parmesan if you wish!
What equipment you need to make Slimming World Friendly pork meatballs
You can find a printable recipe for Slimming World friendly pork meatballs at the bottom of this post.
If you like this recipe please share with your other Slimming World Jedis. May the Scales be with you.
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Syn free, Slimming World friendly hotpot - November 1, 2018
- What you need to know about the new Ryanair hand luggage changes - November 1, 2018
- How the iSaveMoney app helped to get my finances back on track - October 31, 2018