As I’m back on the healthy eating wagon I’m trying to introduce much more fish and white meat into my diet.
I’m not going to lie, these smoked haddock loins were quite pricey when they first went on the shelf, I picked them up for a £1 using my Yellow Ticket Ninja skills and managed to make a really tasty, thrifty meal out of them.
If you’re not lucky enough to live next to an Aladdin’s cave of reduced goodies as I do, you could easily swap this for a cheaper type of fish, or even buy frozen.
The vegetables I chose to go with it were literally based on what was cheapest at the time, so adjust according to your taste!
OK, so for this tasty little number you’re going to need…
- 2 Smoked Haddock loins
- 3 carrots
- Green beans
- Fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- Mixed herbs
- 2 tsp butter
- Place the smoked Haddock onto some foil, season with pepper, a good sprinkle of mixed herbs and a level tsp of butter.
- Make into foil parcels and bake on 175c for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce add 250ml of low fat natural yoghurt, 1 tsp of mustard, a good sprinkling of mixed herbs and the juice of half a lemon.
- Mix together and heat without boiling so the yoghurt doesn’t separate.
- Just keep stirring and keep your eye on it.
- Plate up the haddock, pour over the sauce and serve with your choice of vegetables.
***You can find the printable version of this recipe at the bottom of this post***
Sometimes cooking thrifty meals doesn’t mean you have to use the cheapest ingredients.
Keep your eye open for reduced items, especially ones you wouldn’t usually use, as it pushes you to try new recipes.
Remember, the freezer is your best friend when it comes to picking up reduced items, so stock yours up as and when you can!
Have you joined the Thinking Thrifty Foodie Club yet? If we’d love you to join us HERE!
Pin for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why The Early Bird Catches The Worm When It Comes To Investing - April 19, 2017
- Smoked Haddock Loins In a Mustard and Yoghurt Sauce: Slimming World Friendly - April 11, 2017
- Why You Should Be Meal Planning - April 11, 2017