Chicken and chorizo jambalaya is one of the most easiest and thrifty meals you will ever make. It is super tasty too! Depending on where you shop you can do this for around £1.00 – £1.50 per serving. The following ingredients will serve a minimum of 4 people.
Ingredients for Chicken and chorizo jambalaya:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breast, chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 75g chorizo, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 250g long grain rice
- 400g can plum tomato
- 350ml chicken stock
Method for Chicken and chorizo jambalaya:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden. Remove and set aside. Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Then add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
- Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender.
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Basic Bank Accounts: Why are the banks taking us for FUNTs? - March 2, 2016
- Two month update – £5,000 Challenge - February 26, 2016
- Muscle Foods Review - February 25, 2016