If you’ve got someone at home who is isn’t the most comfortable in the kitchen, take my advice and get them started on a Sunday roast.
When I hear the words “sit back and relax, I’ll sort dinner”, my blood runs cold and quite frankly, there is nothing usually relaxing about the whole process at all.
However, step-by-step over many years I finally managed to coax PK into attempting a Sunday roast, he was adamant that he did the roast potatoes his way, but was happy to take instruction on the rest.
Naturally at first I was horrified, but he went and proved me oh so wrong.
This perfect roast potatoes recipe belongs to PK – and now I wouldn’t eat them any other way!
How to make the perfect roast potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- Aromat seasoning
- Goose fat
- Part boil the potatoes with the four peeled garlic cloves, fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Heat one or two good scoops of goose fat on 200c in a baking dish (180c fan oven) – depending on how may potatoes you’re cooking.
- Place potatoes in the baking dish, spoon the goose fat over them and season with Aromat.
- Roast for about an hour, or until golden.
Equipment I used
It’s all about the seasoning!
I was blown away when he turned these bad boys out, so much so that I now pretty much refuse to do the Sunday roast these days- although I’ll never escape the carving job!
We love roast potatoes in our house and we really don’t need Sunday as an excuse to eat them, so you can find them on the menu throughout the week.
If you think your recipe for perfect roast potatoes beats this one, I really want to here about it!!
Pin for later
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Glueing your lip – The thrifty beauty sh*t you shouldn’t try - September 16, 2019
- Recognise, don’t criticise. Even money bloggers f*ck up sometimes - September 15, 2019
- An inside guide on how to completely screw your finances - September 15, 2019