Slimming World law dictates, if you want to go and treat yourself to a take away, you can.
Just be honest, don’t try and cheat the system, count the syns and keep it in line with your weekly allowance and you’re all good.
However, when you’re trying to maximise your weight-loss and save the pennies at the same time, it’s prudent to look at recreating your own at home.
This low syn, Slimming World friendly chicken kebab fake away will ensure you definitely don’t feel like you’re missing out on weekend treats!
How to make a low syn Slimming World friendly chicken kebab fake away
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- 2 onions
- Mushrooms (I like loads)
- 2 tsps mild chilli powder
- 2 tsps paprika
- 2 tsps minced or powdered garlic
- 2 tsps Cajun seasoning
- 2 wraps (if you use a healthy B choice you can get away with not using any syns for it)
- Fat free yoghurt
- Grate or whizz one of the onions in a food processor.
- Add the mild chilli powder, paprika and garlic – mixing well to make a marinade.
- Dice the chicken and add to the mix, cover it in the marinade and leave for at least 4 hours (better if left overnight).
- Chop the remaining onion, peppers and onions and on a moderate heat fry in olive oil Fry Light with the chicken marinade until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking mix the Cajun seasoning into the yoghurt
- Warm the wrap following the guidelines for the brand you’ve bought
- Add the chicken mix to the wrap and serve with the spicy yoghurt sauce
Free printable recipe available at the bottom of this post
I enjoyed this far more than any take away I’ve ever had, plus you can keep it really low syn and spend them elsewhere.
You could swap the spicy yogurt sauce for something milder such as mint sauce in place of the Cajun seasoning, it’s completely up to you.
I’ve also added chorizo to this before now. You can still make that low syn by swapping the chorizo for Slimming World chorizo sausages!
If you like this recipe and know someone who is doing Slimming World please share with them.
Latest posts by Thinking Thrifty (see all)
- Glueing your lip – The thrifty beauty sh*t you shouldn’t try - September 16, 2019
- Recognise, don’t criticise. Even money bloggers f*ck up sometimes - September 15, 2019
- An inside guide on how to completely screw your finances - September 15, 2019